Question
Posted by: KK | 2010/03/26

Is she playing games with me?

My G/F (26) broke up with me(28) in Jan. We had been together for about 8 yrs and have a 6 year old daughter together. I would admit that the reasons for a break up were valid to a certain extent and a lot had happened in our r/ship.She said she was sure that she doesn''t want to be in a r/hip with me anymore and I must move on. My family also had a hand inour breakup.

Ok fast foward....a month after the break up, she stumbled across me at night driving with another lady and she threw a fit and was furious!! She knows that I still love her.
I''ve tried to reoncile with her to no avail coz shekeeps telling me the same thing. What has confused me is that she told one of her close friends that she won''t leave me ie she has plans of coming back. This friend told me bt thats not what my g/f says to me.
I''m so sick of this situation bt the problem is I love this woman so much and was planning to makie her my wife. We both have good carreers .

Does this make sense to any of you..? please help and bring some light.

Why, in your situation, and others like it, did you not both of you get into marriage / relationship counseling to try to sort out whatever may have been going wrong, and at least to learn how not to repeat the problems in future relationships ?
And she has to learn to face the consequences of her choices and decisions - she has no right to break up with you and go on with her life, yet expect you to ignore all other women forever. Her fury suggests that she may indeed still care about you, but is going about this in ways that destroy relatonships rather than fix them. Suggest, maybe through this mutual friend at first, that she join you in some couples counselling sessions to see whether reconciliation would be useful, or at least to break up properly and without bad feelings on both sides

1