Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2010/08/30

Is she gay

I am concerned that my 14yr old may be gay? She has a lot of girl friends. Is girlish and attractive. Doesn''t seem that interested in boys. Is this normal? I have feeling n my stomach that she may be gay. What should I look out for?

Not at all a sign of gayness. Of course it wouldn't actually be a disaster if she WERE to be gay, but it wouldn't be likely to show at this age, anyhow. She sounds like a very normal girl. Kids differ as to the age at which they start to get emotionally interested in other kids, usually of the opposite sex. While the age of sexual maturity has been creeping younger over the last decades, its still entirely normal and wholesome for a kid to still be a child and enjoy being a child, at this age

3
Posted by: Mom | 2010/09/01

U should b thankfull that she has only girlfriends at this age, you''ll have alot to worry about when she starts having boyfriends, so just enjoy her being still a child for as long as she wants to..and if she happens to be gay, ...love her even more, accept and respect that!

Reply to Mom
Posted by: hestia | 2010/08/30

concerned. I do not think you should be worried at this stage. I do not think having a lot of girl friends is a sign of being guy. I also had mostly girl friends and did not worry about boys until an older age. Maybe she just needs a little more time to be a child. give her some space. One of these days she might give you headace about only worrying about boys:-)

Reply to hestia