Question
Posted by: Leslie | 2012-09-06

Is natural (vaginal birth) a possibility

Dear GynaeDoc,

I am in my early 30''s and had a baby last year, I was opting for natural but developed preeclampsia which resulted in my blood pressure being very high and excessive weight gain. My baby had to be delivered via c-section 10 days before my due date. What are the changes of me developing preeclampsia again and could I opt for natural with my second child? I have read may articles which have said it is possible for the natural birth and preeclampsia only occurs with first pregnancies. If you could give me some insight on my questions that would be appreciated. Thanks

The chance of pre-eclampsia again is about 5-10%. If you have a normal pregnancy you can consider natural childbirth. This is something that can only be decided during the pregnancy.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-09-12