Question
Posted by: Carol | 2012-01-17

Is my son Autistic

My son is ADD/ADHD was born at 26 weeks and had approx 10 ops in his first year. He is more than 2 years behind with development and does not fit into any school on the east rand as he is in the grey area (iq). Is there a name that is given to these children e.g. autistic. so that while looking for schools I can at least tell them what he is. He is now 7

Expert ImageAutism Spectrum Expert Forum

Hello Carol

autism is a specific diagnosis that will be given to a child who meets the criteria for autism - perhaps looking at the document on health24's website on autism will help with some clarity as i dont know enough about your child to diagnose him.