Question
Posted by: HMom | 2010/03/25

Is my child eating right

Hi Doc,
My daughter is 15 months old and goes to creche during the day. She has rooibos tea with milk and half brown sugar when she wakes in the morning at 06:00.
08:00 has mieliepap for breakfast at creche
10:00 Danone fruit yoghurt
12:30 Lunch (half portion mixed vegies of pumkin, squash, mielies, peas and carrots etc and then half portion spagetti bolognaise or fish fingers etc)
Then 15h00 is lunch box time and that is my question - what would you suggest for this snack? I put in mini banana muffins or chees and marmite mini scone with some loos raisins/ finger biscuit or fling chips or Jungle bites dried fruit.
She has sweet melon/ peach/ apple when she gets home at 17h30 while i am cooking. Sorry for the long story.

Dear HMom
I think that your choices for the lunch box are fine, just keep the portions small so that your daughter does not start gaining weight. You can also include another portion of low-fat drinking yoghurt (half a cup) or some Provitas (low-GI) and a vegetable or fruit snack (carrot sticks or baby tomatoes, or a naartjie now that citrus fruit is coming into season again).
Best regards to both of you

1

Dear HMom
Best regards to both of you