Question
Posted by: Major MOM | 2008/10/14

is my baby big

I just came from my doc yesterday. I am supposed to be 26w 2days, but my baby'  s fetal size is 27w5d and already weights 1.145kgs (this is son no2)

At 23 weeks baby was aleady 29cm long from head to toe but weighed +/- 700gs Is it normal for him to have picked up close to 500gs in the space of 3weeks?

son no 1 was born 6weeks prem and was 2.5kgs and 51cm long at birth. gave birth naturally.

PS. I was classified obsese before my pregnancy and have been following an eating adn excerise plan. Todate i have lost 7kgs (from week 9-26) and currently = 122kgs

Please help me i am scared of a ceasarian and would like to have a natural birth again. it sounds as though my doc is mentally preping me for a c. when i was pregnant with my 1st son the doc gave me a date for a c as well. i went swimming and 2days later my baby was born naturally with no complications.

After my son was born one of the nurses said that i was lucky that my doc was not on duty that weekend or else they would have wheeled me out of theater.

ever since then I have been very suspicious of doctors who keep on speaking about ceasarians. I even changed docs, but now i think they make a helofalot more money that way.

Your baby is bigger than average. I would suggest that you ask your doctor to do a sugar test.
The charge for a vaginal delivery and a caesarean is actually much the same.