Question
Posted by: mark | 2010-05-22

is masturbation depleting me?

hi.

I have a very high sex drive. i masturbate 4-6 times a day. I am also bodybuilding at the moment.
I find that lately ive been very fatigued, and havent been able to achieve the results i want in training. Is it possible that masturbating too much has depleted my body of essential proteins and nutrients? im on a high protein diet as it is, but im worried that my masturbation is affecting my body negatively.

advice?

Dear Mark,

The frequency of masturbation varies across a natural spectrum for men and women.

Frequency of masturbation can also vary across times of not being involved sexually with partners and being solo. The body is also able to adjust sperm production according to the fequency of ejaculation.

As for a link between masturbation frequency and body build output I am not aware of a link.

I would discuss the plateau in your body building output with your trainer. It is common from my limited knowledge in that arena that periods of plateau occur in body building regimes requiring adjustments to training regimes.

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2010-05-22

Dear Mark,

Reply to sexologist