Is laxatives safe to use while pregnant?

Im wanting to know if its safe to take freshens or any other laxatives during pregnancy? I use to take them daily(six) and have become dependant on it. Im only 1 month now and feel bloated and fat already. I eat provita for breakfast and only have toast at night for supper and want to get it out of my system asap!!!!!!!!!!! Im 44kg and picked up a horrible kilo already. I cant take in solid foods. Please

Dear Anonymous
No it is not safe to take laxatives. You can use Duphalac if you are constipated. You need to eat properly to feed the baby and should pick up about 12 kg in the next 9 months if you want a healthy baby. You need to pick up 1 kg per month for the first 5 months, and then about 1.5 to 2 kg per month for the next 4 months. You lose all of this after the birth of the baby, as this is due to the placenta, increased blood, baby and amniotic fluid. If you continue eating the way you are now, you will not only develop severe nutritional deficiencies but will also have an abnormal baby, as they can't develop properly if they don't get in all the right vitamins, proteien, and enough calories.

If I take laxa will terminate this pregnancy I dont want a baby now,plz tell me I want to terminate asap

I missed my period for two months and I have been getting pains in my stomach and I vomit all the time and I eat things I never eat and I have a huge appitide what is wrong

I have been taking abscorbic acid to miscarry and its not working,now im scared that it may caused damage to the that possible?

Hey I just want to know, what damage can it do to my unborn child I took son-akba during the first four weeks of my pregnancy a and I had no idea I was pregnant. Plz respond I'm worried

Posted by: troy | 2015-10-01

Do I have to eat before taking freshen laxative? What type of food should I eat after takin freshen laxative?

Reply to troy
Posted by: Curious | 2015-09-29

Hi I don't know if I am pregnant or not but it feels like I am and I don't want this pregnancy so I took laxative to try to terminate before it can develop. Will it really work?

Reply to Curious

Can i use this tablat if i'm pregnent?

What if am pregnant nd didnt know tht laxa and freshen are not safe and iv already used them 2 pills of laxa and 3 pills of freshen am i going to lose my baby?

You can not let gaining weight during your pregnancy become a problem for you. I have gained 12kg during all three my pregnancies and went back to normal after each one, it took a few months though. After my third baby, I also lost all the weight I have gained during the pregnancy and are skinnier now than what I was before I was pregnant with my first one. Please don' t let weight gain bother you during your pregnancy, think of the baby inside you, and you are also going to need that strenght!!! Good Luck.

You have to ask yourself whats more important: A few "  horrible"  kilos or your life and the life of your baby?
To say: I' d rather be damage myself and my baby than gain weight is so sad - you really are worth looking after.
It might help to get some support from others struggle with this fear of weight gain. Google ED Anonymous.