Question
Posted by: karabo | 2010/01/19

Is it wrong not to reveal price

my friend A in the same neighbourhood bought car last year and me and another friend B of ours went to see it.

and we were happy to see it and congratulated and bought her some flowers cos im really happy about her achievement.

i asked her how much is the price of the car or how much is the instalment per month. then she said the price is at the garage and it depends on individual cases.i was offended but later i respected that its her privacy and i need to be cool

this this week the bank informed me that my bond is successful for the property that I want to buy. i am so happy and i called friend A about the good news. she asked how much it is and the instalment info and i politely explained to her that Im not comfortable to talk about prices. She insisted and said she needs the info to see how the property market is performing. then i said, no.

now she is angry that i hide things from her and I have lots of money .....hence im keeping things secretive. is this ok?

i do not like the tension between us, just becos of a small issue. we are in our early 30' s and why cant we deal with this maturely? sometimes she just passes not greeting, and she gets upset over small things. how do I deal with this?

If she really needs to know how the property market is performing, one deal such as yours is entirely irrelevant - she'd need a wide range of examples, and would look at the many articles written, even this week, on the subject of the property market - so that's no excuse for her being so nosy.
To deal with such things maturely, the snag is that BOTH of you would need to be mature - and from the sound of things, you are and she isn't.
If she raises this again, just say that you are not comfortable talking about prices and details of your private finances, and apologise for unthinkingly asking her about the price of your car, saying that even though you're naturally curious, it was unfair to have asked her.

1