Question
Posted by: diane | 2011/02/21

is it wrong?

I know teeling a lie would hurt someone, but in this case telling the truth would do more harm than good, is it ok then?

I'm not sure that we can usefully answer such a question wwhen it is so vague. So much depends on what the lie would be, what the truth would be, and who is involved.
When someone proudly shows you their young child, you don't usually, even if truthfully, say : "Yikes, what a hideous kid !" Nor do you lie by raving about the exquisite beauty of this child. You say : "Do you think he looks more like his mother or father ?" Or "Gosh, but that certainly is a baby !"

6
Posted by: tony | 2011/02/22

tell the truth cause it will come out and when it does it will sound worse then it really was i know been their.

Reply to tony
Posted by: Man | 2011/02/21

He wants to know as your past , in your own words, is shaky! His past is probably not.

Reply to Man
Posted by: diane | 2011/02/21

its something about my past i tried telling him, but it blew up in my face, maybe its better just to twist the truth, i dnt want to knw his past, why does he want to know my shaky past?

Reply to diane
Posted by: ? | 2011/02/21

More info needed to assist!

Reply to ?
Posted by: Anne | 2011/02/21

Nope, a lie is a lie. Besides, the truth always comes out in any case.

Reply to Anne