Question
Posted by: 1st time mom to be | 2009-03-30

Is it true?

I am 21 weeks pregnant, and i have heard a lot of people tell me that i am not allowed to raise my hands above my head as this is dangerous for the baby. As the cord can go around his neck. Now is this true, i am stressing so badly, cause i stretch without realising that its above my head and then i stress even more about it when i realise what i have done. Sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night with my arms above my head, till i realise what i am doing then i stress stress stress. How can i was my hair in the shower if i cant lift up my arms. Is this statement true or is it an old wife' s tail? PLS help!!!

It is an old wives' tail.

1
Posted by: Nikki | 2009-03-30

DEFINATELY an old wife' s tale....
I took down, washed, and re-hanged curtains like it was going out of fashion - scared of dust gathering in my home - when I was pregnant. Washed and hanged clothing and did all my own house work.
You are pregnant, NOT paralysed.

Reply to Nikki