Question
Posted by: sam | 2008/06/09

Is it the pill?

I am 31 years of age, and for the last year I have been on Nordett, (which I believe is for women who are 40 years and over and are not looking to fall pregnant)
I have recently have been suffering with sever hemorrhaging for about a month now and it is driving me crazy - my doctor did prescribe Cyklokapron, and it has not worked or stopped my period, he also prescribed Andrcur for me as my skin has become terrible since being on this pill.
The problem that I have appart from the Hemorrhaging is that I cannot get a gynae appointment, until the end of July, so I decided this morning to come off the Androcur and the Nordett and see if this will help stop the bleeding.
But I have pain in my stomach (not period pain) but more of an uncomfortable pain, is this because I have been bleeding for so long? I was told that there might be a possibility that I could have Indametriousus (sorry for the spelling) is this possible?

It is not true that Nordette is for women over 40.
It is fine to stop the Nordette and see what happens. If endometriosis is a possibility, you will have to wait for the gynae appointment to confirm it. It is not an emergency, so you can wait till the end of July.