Posted by: Rach | 2009-08-17

Is it the flu or not?

Last week Tuesday when i got back to work, it was so hot so i put the aircon on &  after a while i started feeling really bad &  had this terrible feeling in my chest, it feels like the cold is inside my chest, i could actually feel it in my chest. So i went to the doc on Thursday &  it was strange bcoz i tired to explain to him what happen &  he just checked my chest &  he said the problem is in my throat not chest. He says im getting the flu which i dont believe bcoz i know the signs my body gives me when i getting the flu &  i had no feeling of the flu except that cold feeling in my chest. Up till today i still feel like that, i cant even walk up &  go outside without feeling my chest wants to give in. My breathing had become difficult bcoz of my chest,my heart rate had increased bcoz i find myself having to take deep breaths all the time. I dont know if i should believe the doc when he said its the flu or what bcoz i honestly dont feel flu-ish at all. Some help would do. Thanx so much

Dear Rach
I think you should get a second opinion from another doctor - you may need an x/ray of the chest or a lung function test to see if there is an underlying infection or inflammation.