Question
Posted by: Grace | 2008/08/21

Is it strange...?

My husband and I have known each other for 8 years and been married for 2 1/2 years. In this time there' s been a lot of heartache and confusion but mostly, really great times. We were each other' s first realy loves and havenever been with other people. The " confusion"  that I talk about, has mostly been regarding his sexuality. He is not attracted to women and for all of his life, up to now, he has tried to deny / suppress that he might be gay. Since this is not the first time the issue has come up and after knowing him for so long, I' m quite calm and okay with the fact that he wants to explore that part of his emotions. We have decided that being married is just hurting both of us in the long run and that it would be best to get a divorce. Here' s where the strange part comes in...we have decided to keep living together as roommates - not only for financial reasons but because we really are best friends. I just wanted to know if this seems strange or could it be a good thing??

I wonder about your basic question. Gay, straight or bisexual as he may be --- if you continue to live together, still like and probably love each other, and feel friends --- what exactly is gained by a divorce ?