Posted by: Leigh | 2008-10-29

Is it serious, very worried pls help.

Hi Cyber Doc,

I' m a 28yr old morbidly obese woman. Last night I was examining myself in the mirror and I found a small ( 1cm in diameter ) black mark on my buttocks. It is right at the top where my " crack"  sorry I don' t know what else to call it, starts, you can only really see it if you turn the right way. It looks almost as if someone drew on me with a permanent marker that is starting to fade. This is new it was not there a month ago. It is painless and looks superficial, and smooth with the skin. Could this be skin cancer? My butt doesn' t see the sun though. Should I go to the doctor? I' m really worried, Please help me. Thanks.

Hallo Leigh
Yes please let your doctor just exclude the possibility that this is a melanoma - as this is a dangerous skin cancer that looks like a black mole or black irregular area in the skin.