Question
Posted by: M | 2008/08/11

Is it serious

Hi am 23year old female and I recently gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, he is 8 months old. I am a bit worried and not sure if I should be as I got my period in July and still have it to date, I’ m really bleeding heavily and have clots coming out. Is it normal to bleed for more then 30days on once?

I assume that this is the first period you have had since the birth. Perhaps you have stopped breastfeeding or started contraception. All of these factors could account for an abnormal period. If it persists, however, you should see your doctor.