Question
Posted by: KC | 2008/08/22

Is it safe to work out while ovulating?

I need to know, we are TTC , and I work out at the gym like 3 to 4 days a week , I do cardio and circuit training with moderate weights , is it safe to do while TTC and ovulation, my mother says that all the exercise shakes loose whatever could be ther I know it sounds silly , but please advise as to what is safest at this time.

Dear KC

Working out at the gym, 3 to 4 days a week will not cause you not to ovulate and will also not increase your chances in having difficulty in falling pregnant. You have asked what is the safest time; I am assuming that you are asking what is the best time that you are going to conceive. The best time of conception is at the time of ovulation and this is usually in the middle of your 2 periods. In a 28-day cycle the most likely chances of ovulation is between day 12 and day 16.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo