Question
Posted by: Patti | 2012/02/20

is it safe to go vegan with osteoporosis &  leukemia

I have battled CML for 17 years and thankfully I am now in remission with the drug Tasigna. I was dx. with osteoporosis @ age 39 &  put on Fosamax though a chest film revealed I had a narrowing of the esophagus so I was put on Reclast. I have been changing my diet for the better, lots of fresh fruits and veggies, flax seed &  greek yogurt smoothies. if I continued with protein from other sources would it be safe to go 100% vegan with osteoporosis? Thanks in advance

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Patti
Can you phone me at the Osteoporosis Foundation? Nee some more info from you- Our tel no is 021 9317894

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2012/02/20

Dear Patti

Reply to Healthy Bones