Question
Posted by: Naeem | 2008/09/19

Is it post nasal drip?

My 5 year old son has this constant cough during the day and at night time it gets worse. His Pead. says that it is post nasal drip.It sometimes stops for a week but then its back again.He also said that he may be allergic to grass / dirt.We are becoming frustrated as we dont know what to do.Our GP recommended that we have his tonscils &  adenoids removed and this may help to relieve the problem.The other reason for the removal is that he has had fever about 4 times this year and was also hospitalised with pneumonia.Should we consult an ENT to be sure.Please advise us.
Thank you.

Dear Naeem

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I definately recommend that you consult an ENT specialist, as well as an allergy specialist, to confirm the diagnosis made.

Kind regards