Posted by: belinda | 2011-04-12

is it possible or the side effects of fertomid

i''ve got 25 days period cycle on da 5th day i started fertomid for 5 days, 3rd day after finished with fertomid being my 12th day of my cycle i started using ovulation test which came out with 2 line but the other 1 was not as dark as the other then i started doing baby dance for 2 days.

now i''m late i don t know weather is the side effects of fertomid delaying my periods or is it possible to get pregnant during that time i had sex even if ovulation results were not that bold red.

please advice

Pregnancy is a possibility. Do a pregnancy test.

Posted by: jojo | 2016-01-07

Iv usd fertomid pills three times nw but stil I dnt see any change en I had sex evry night,pls help I dnt knw wat to do nw en I rly wana fall preg

Reply to jojo
Posted by: D | 2015-08-04

Hi girls, I have just finished my 3rd cycle of fertomid. The day after taking my last pill, I had horrible cramps in my ovaries and it lasted for 2 days and from then until now my uturis keeps feeling full and I also had cramps in my uturis on day 3 and 4 after finishing fertomid. I still get hot flushes... Have any of you had the cramps?

Reply to D
Posted by: pauline | 2011-07-11

i am responding to jani reply (Posted by: Jani | 13/4/2011) i am looking for the Ovulation Microscope can you tell me where to buy from?

Reply to pauline
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-04-15

Posted by: Jani | 2011-04-13

Oh, also wanted to say. It gets very expensive (and difficult to interpret anyway), to use the ovulation tests each month! We''ve been going at it for more that 2 years and it just is too expensive. I bought an Ovulation Microscope (about R300 more or less, also available at certain pharmacies). It is quite an amount, but you save in the long run. And its reusable and reusable... It is a little microscope (almost the size of a lipstick), and you do saliva tests.
What I dit:
Use Fertomid from day 4 to day 8 (5 days), then I went onto the internet and searched for " clomid ovulation calculator" , and you type in the day you started using Fertomid, and then it calculated for you the window in which you can fall pregnant. It is about a week or so. So in that week we make love, either every night, or every second night. Then you are covered. I normally ovulate around day 16, so we make love until day 17 to just be sure. In that week I use my microscope every day to test for ovulation. If the dried saliva makes a fern like pattern, then you will ovulate in the next day, or are busy ovulating. To be honest, in the end I never even tested anymore- because we are covering the " window of opportunity"  by making love every 2nd or every night- so its not even necessary to know when you ovulate- as long as you do your thing!

(I just think that we keep ourselves too busy testing here, and testing there, and taking temperatures- that you get so tired of the whole thing. And it is a stress in the long run. Better to just be relaxed about it)

Good luck...

Reply to Jani
Posted by: Jani | 2011-04-13

Hi, I also used Fertomid. First I used clomid (exactly same as fertomid) for quite a while, fell preg 2 times and lost baby both times. Have used Fetromid 2 x and fell pregnant now on the second cycle- we just know that this baby will be fine! Im 6 weeks now. I received a double dose (100 mg) of Clomephine Citrate (Fertomid). The worst for me especially this last cycle, was the hot flushes that lasted for more than a week after the last dosage of Fetromid! I did gain weight with all these cycles of using Clomid/ Fetromid (it was over a period of almost 2 years). But Im not sure if it was the pills, or just my bad diet!!!  )

Good luck ttc girls, I know that the Lord has a little one planned for each of you in His time!

Reply to Jani
Posted by: belinda | 2011-04-12

Only had it once still waiting 4 my periods then i will have the repeat if not preggies...but the worst for me is the hot flushes not sure about the weight gain.

Reply to belinda
Posted by: biki | 2011-04-12

I am also using Fertomid. this is my third month. I also had positive ovulation tests, but had a BFN later that month. THe biggest side effect for me is, gaining weight. I have gained 5kg in 3 months. Did you also have this side effect?

Reply to biki