Question
Posted by: Christine | 2012-10-12

Is it possible?

Hi cyberdoc

I last had my period between mid July. I stopped taking the yaz birth control four days before starting the menstrual pills. As I have been experiencing an overwhelming side effect. Migraines almost four times a week. Nauseas, vomiting, and extremely sensitive breast. I could not even sleep at night. So I stopped. Ever since I stopped I never got my period. As it''s normal for me to miss my menses for two months at most. (as I have been diagnosed with pcos two years ago). I''ve noticed that for the past two weeks, I''ve been having frequent bowel movements. This is weird as I''m not that regular. I drink orange juice so does my fiancé . But it seems as we have exchanged our digestive systems. We eat the same stuff, and drink the same things. And I eat bananas most of the times. I expected to be constipated. I''ve also noticed that I get some mild cramping on both sides of my lower abdomen. And whenever I carry heavy things, or lift heavy stuff. I would get a sharp pain by my lower back, and at the same time by my pelvic areas. Since it feels like I''m not picking up weight, but when I look in the mirror. (it''s a sight, I don''t want to ever see). So I decided to start eating less, been drinking a lot of fluids. I''m not stressed or anything. My instincts is telling me to take a pregnancy test, but what if I am pregnant but then the pregnancy test does not pick up the hcg hormone? Should I just head straight for my phone and make a call to my gynae? She''s going to freak out to know I quit the pill without consulting her. Just one main question. From the symptoms I''ve describe above, what is the possibility that I could be pregnant?

Thanks in advance.
Regards: Christine

Christine

Ladies who suffer from PCOS can struggle to fall pregnant. I do however, suggest that you ask your doctor for an examiation and blood tests to exclude pregnancy.