Question
Posted by: zolani | 2008/09/10

Is it possible?

Gud day.... all i want to know is it possible that vitamin B COMPLEX can help me to gain weight?? what else can i take so that it can help me boost my immune system.. coz at the moment m so depressed and all that so i hv this low self esteem about my body.. plz help me guyz im wearing size 32 i want size 34 at least..
Thanx in advance for ur replies.. God bless

Dear Zolani
Vitamin B Complex can stimulate the appetite, so ask your chemist for one of the many B complex supplements that are available. For basic information on how to gain weight, click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Companies like Fresenius Kabi and Nestle, among others, make meal replacement supplements Phone Fresenius on (011) 545-0000, or the Nestle Consumer Services at 0860 09 6789 and ask about Nutritional Supplements to boost your energy intake. You can purchase liquid meal supplements at most chemist shops. Talk to the pharmacist about your need to gain weight and see which products he or she will recommend. Basically you need to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much you eat at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to your regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals. If you use a meal supplement such as Fresubin, with or without fibre, at the rate of 200 ml 3x a day, then you should gain 1 kg per week. Feedback from other Readers has indicated that they have successfully gained weight by using a meal supplement.