Question
Posted by: Natasja | 2008/06/10

is it possable?

is it possable to be so depressed, and know you need help, but yet dont want to talk about what is wrong, and not really wanting to go for help??

Not only possible, but commonly so. As part of depresion one easily feels hopeless, and just lacking the energy to make decisions or take action that would benefit us ; and reluctant to talk about how awful one feels. BUT the essential thing to realize is that such a depression CAN be helped, and that you could be feeling a great deal better before long -- but you do need to take the initiative to see, maybe first a GP, but to see a good local psychiatrist for a full assessment and advice on proper treatment, which may include medication and counselling. You're so well worth the effort, and so deserve to be better again. If you have close friends or family who could help, tell them about how bad you feel, and let them help you to find the help you need and deserve

2
Posted by: anon | 2008/06/11

I would suggest that you seriously talk to someone becuase i was in the same situation of being in denial of being depressed and this led to various other illnesses which eventually made me a very sick person on a regular basis,
I eventually went to see a doctor and yes i was actually going through a severe depression and did not even know it.
I am feeling much better now, and cant complain as the other illnesses has just faded away. You cannot believe what depression can do to a person so go get checked out immediately. I am on meds that is helping me cope and damn im back to being a happy person again,. And it feels good.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Pleides | 2008/06/11

yes i think it is. i was in the same situation where i literally wasn't interested in anything and i felt miserable but i didnt want to speak to anyone about it. Trouble is, you do need to see someone, so pluck up the courage and do it.

Reply to Pleides