Posted by: newMUM | 2012-06-11

is it not suppose to stop??

i thought this would all stop at 3months but my 3months old boy, in fact he will be 4 months in two weeks time, is still very irritable in his sleep. he tightens his tummy (pulls up his legs a bit), kicks and hits his arms and legs, moans and groans, pulls his face as if something is hurting him and end up crying. this happens every time he goes sleeps. he pulls up his legs a bit when he is awake as well but its worst when his sleeping. i was told when he was 1 month old by two GP''s that he is colicky and there were times thats he cried but not for hours on end as colic babies normally do. i''ve been giving him gripe water ever since and its been helping with the winds. i do burp him halfway through his feeds and when his done again. i''ll burp him for long periods of time but when i put him down to sleep ill notice he still has a wind. this all stopped for a while but it seems to be back again. i''m breastfeeding but am busy putting him on formula. im using nan1. could he possibly still be COLICKY??? please help im really desperate as this has been going on for almost 4 months

Yes, it is possible that he is still colicy and I suggest that you consult a peadiatrician for an examination and treatment.