Posted by: Cpt female | 2010-11-04

is it normal

is it normal for me to NOT feel disabled at all?

i am blind in my one eye and it is very obvious, so i normally fall under the disabled catagory, but i dont view myself as disabled, i want to be treated equally and dont write it on any forms.

should i change this? is there any legalities that might come and bite me in the behind one day? at least the company that i work for called me in and discussed it with me and mentioned the benefits of me changing my status, so i have done that.

am i missing something? am i in denial?

i am 35,divorced and have 2 healthy kids, i drive,i am normal for all other practicalities, but i know that i am different too,lol, does it make any sense to you?

Cpt female

Expert ImageHandicap Expert

You can mention this when it will be applicable, like when applying for a driver's license etc.

Posted by: Cpt female | 2010-12-06

i havent done it, just went for the normal eye test, will do next year, but jip, i am afraid that they will let me do all sorts of addtional tests etc.
will see what happens when i mention it on my form.
Cpt female

Reply to Cpt female