Posted by: Nita | 2009-04-23

Is it normal

Is it normal to weigh more during my menstrual cycle?
I started a healthy eating plan and do 30min of stepping exercise a day. During the first month I lost 2kg. I then started drinking Herbex aswell. Now my weight loss is standing still. Could the Herbex actualy be bad?

Dear Nita
It is certainly normal to weigh more during menstruation. This is usually due to hormonal changes that cause water retention, so although you weigh more your may not have gained any fat. I am personally opposed to the use of any over-the-counter diet pills, including herbal ones. Most over-the-counter diet pills and products cost a lot of money, cause a whole range of negative side-effects and often don't do the job. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', and then on 'Diet Detective' to compare the ingredients of such product with the list of herbal slimming ingredients that are potentially harmful. Rather be sensible and lose weight with a low-fat diet and daily exercise.