Question
Posted by: Chad | 2011/08/26

is it mine

I''m in a bit of a fix. My girlfriend''s husband had a vasectomy 6 years ago. She is now 10 weeks and 5 days pregnant (according to scan) Another scan says that she is 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant. The last time that we were together was 8 weeks and 2 days ago. She also does not know if it is at all possible for her husband to pregnate her after all these years and the dates does not corelate to us beeing together. Hope you can put some clarity on this mystery> 

The scan of 10 weeks 5 days will correlate with your being together. Pregnancies are dated from the last period which is 2 weeks before ovulation.S0 the dating would be 2 weeks before you were together.

2

Posted by: Aya | 2011/08/26

You count pregnancy from day 1 of last period &  not from date of conceiving. Depending on your cycle, there is normally 2 weeks from day 1 of your cycle to the time when you ovulate &  therefore can fall pregnant.

So based on the above, I would add 2 weeks to the 8 weeks to get to 10 weeks + 2 days of pregnancy, the gap of 3 days is acceptable. So, if she is 10 weeks pregnant, it is more likely that you are the father.

The gap between the scans should not be that big (10 &  12 weeks), so you need to establish the correct 1.

Reply to Aya