Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2010/02/09

Is it menopause?

I have not been feeling well for 2 wks. I have been suffering from tiredness, Dizzynes, nausea (not vomiting), head-aches (which are not unusual for me) and hot flushes. I went to my GP and he seems to feel that it is a virus. He said I should give it 2 wks and if no improvement then he will do hormone tests. He said the tests are expensive (I am not on a medical aid). I am only 41 and I had a hysterectomy 3yrs ago. I still have my ovaries. Could you give me your opinion based on the above?

Hi Nicky
These could be symptoms of a viral infection. If it is, it should improve in a week or so. If not, blood tests will be needed, especially hormones, iron levels and esterogen levels.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/09

Hi Nicky

Reply to cyberdoc