Question
Posted by: Irritated | 2008/06/24

Is it menopause?

Hi, I am 40 and is an irritated, miserable person for the past year. Is it menopause kicking in? I am also on Yasmin (contraceptive) and every month during my period I suffer from severe headaches. My gynae suggested that I go for sterilisation, but if I am not on the pill then my periods are heavy and I have terrible back and stomach pain. Will hormone replacement therapy help for both or either problems?

It is a biy early at 40 to attribute the symptoms to menopause. You may want to skip the placebo pills on some of the packets and go to the next packet so you dont have periods every month. Hormone replacement would only be considered later.