Question
Posted by: SAD | 2012/06/11

Is it me that i don''t have luck

This may sound very stupid but it''s making me very sad.

I am dating this guy at work, we so inlove and committed.
Recently he''s ben going through financial problems, and that makes it hard to be spoiled and given money.
I never ask him for money unless desperate and no where else to go.
My freinds make funny of me that my man doesn''t suprise me with lunch or breakfast and that i am broke most of time.
I am working so i don''t think i should always be bothering my bf for money. I believe its normal to get broke in the middle of the month, and i can''t expect my bf to always have money.

I hardly meet man who give me money, it never happens, so now that they are making funny of it, feels like theres something wrong with me

Funny, but what we expect from a relationship really does vary. Some of us never ever expect anything from a relationship but love, affection and encouragement, and never expect to be "spoiled and given money". In fact, whatever's to blame for this, I think expecting money to be given in a relationship makes it more like prostitution than love.
And how does it fit with modern feminist ideas that a woman expects the man to give her money, but doesn't think she should give money to him ?
Its not essential to be broke by the middle of the month -many of us manage, and have to, to get through the month without going broke, not through being rich, but by being careful so much spending that is tempting isn't needed at all. Do you have to go to a restaurant for breakfast ? Can't you feed each other pleasantly at home ?
Its not that you don't have luck you just have a bunch of dumb, greedy, mercenary, superficial friends. Get better friends - that doesn't need to cost anything.

3
Posted by: Phil | 2012/06/11

Couldn''t have said it better Zoe... Hell  don''t people have any self respect an pride?

Reply to Phil
Posted by: Zoe | 2012/06/11

Work for your own money and BUDGET.
That is the way most people tend to get through the month...
Not sure where you from but expecting money from bf''s is totally not on. Your friend should learn to work hard and respect themselves.

Reply to Zoe