Question
Posted by: Nondu | 2008/10/14

Is it me or I just need a change

My job is sooo boring it' s not even funny anymore.
Waking up in the morning and being in the office is not fun anymore. I' m also pregnant so I don' t know if this is because of being pregnant.
I' ve got a degree in Office Management and Technology, working as a Legal Secretary dealing with trade marks. The only joy I get is when I see a trade mark that I' m /' ve dealt with, it' s just so tedious and monotonous.
I don' t want to resign as yet to find another job in my state. I also don' t want to be stressing about a new job after I' ve given birth. I' d rather come back and work the 4 months that is required (will be getting my full salary during maternity leave) and then think of leaving.
Would it be advisable to start looking or wait until I come back from maternity leave, maybe my job won' t be as boring?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Nondu,hi! You appear to be well qualified which could make it relatively easy to find and alternative job. BUT! Yes, you are pregnant and due soon. Enjoy your pregnant,your maternity lave. settle your thoughts and emotions, come back to work, see how you =feel, explore bot internal and external options and then decide on a possible move. Good luck!