Posted by: Curious | 2012-12-10

Is it me?

Please assist, my wife come''s home every weeknight have supper (around 18H00 or 19H00) then she will go the bedroom and go and read until she is tired and then go to sleep. She never ever spends family time with myself and the kids anymore, she sees nothing wrong this and tells me that all she does is read there is nothing wrong with that? Is this okay or is it just me that''s confused?

This doesn't sound right. Yes, she may be tired after work, and especially if its a job that involves interacting with loads of people, she may want some quiet "Me" time to relax. But to neglect socializing normall with her husband and her children, is not fair or wise. Discuss this with her calmly, and suggest setting up a plan where she gets some nights entirely for her own time, and spends another with you enjoying things you can enjoy together, and more with the children as well ( especially to spend time with the kids in the early evening before they go to sleep ).

Posted by: Milla | 2012-12-10

How long have you been married and has she always acted this way or is it something new? What do you guys do over the weekends?

Some people enjoy some alone time or have hobbies (such as reading) which you can''t really enjoy with others. Though I don''t think it''s ok to completely neglect your family. Try suggesting one night a week that you guys can spend together as a family and one where you guys spend it together without the kids. I don''t think that''s unreasonable, spending every night alone is a bit selfish..

Reply to Milla
Posted by: Frustrated | 2012-12-10

Its not you man, and that must be painful.

Reply to Frustrated