Posted by: Jane | 2009-04-01

Is it for real?

I broke up with my boyfriend of 7 years about 3 months agao. When I found out that he has made a frien dof mine pregnant, I kicked him to the curb. At the same time that was happening, I started a new job which I am not happy in. I met a guy in the office and started dating 2 weeks ago. He is so charming and really taken by me. People in the office can' t find out about our relationship until I have found a new job which he is helping me to find as he in the executive management and has connections. He wants me to move in with him as soon as we find a place and wants me to go meet his mom as he wants us to get along as he calls us his 2 favourite women. Do you think this is for real after the pain I went through? My current boyfriend knows what my ex did. I just feel scared about being hurt again, especially since I work with the guy.

Sounds like an excellent reason to break up with the rat. Be very cautious, though, about any such rebound romance, while you are stillso very vulnerable. And be cautious about the implied bargain that he will use his influience to find you a new job, IF you move in with him, which would be a really bad deal to acept. Rebound romances are always risky, as are office romances, and this relationship combines both varieties of risk

Posted by: Bee | 2009-04-02

I started dating my husband a few days after I also ended a 5 year relationship. Yes yes, its true that you have to heal after such a long realtionship etc etc, but we don' t like in a black &  white world and there are some wonderful exceptions! Hope yours can also be one! xx

Reply to Bee
Posted by: Tammy | 2009-04-02

Hi. I agree with Cyber. You must still heal after what has happened as that is something tough to deal with. You should feel proud with going on with your life. Other women would not be that strong. But please take it very slow with this new guy. Please dont move in with him. Usually men dont want you to meet their moms so soon. I am not being negative but watch out for yourself this time. With many rebound relationships one of the 2 usually gets hurt. Good luck and keep strong!

Reply to Tammy
Posted by: Effie | 2009-04-01

You talk about what he wants, what do you want? why are you not looking for a new job yourself ? do you really want a new job? why move in with him rather than together with him at a new place? Do you realise he could kick you out of his place?

I think this sounds like a reciepe for disaster. You are letting your rebound guy take control of your life, what if things dont work out?

Reply to Effie