Posted by: Adila van Tonder | 2011-02-07

Is it Fibromyalgia

I have been diagnosed with IBS and had a colonoscopy on the 10th January 2011. I also had blood tests, sonar and xrays of my tummy. Everything was normal, even a cyst on my right ovary. Im 42 years old. The surgeon also diagnosed fibromyalgia. A week after the colonoscopy I experienced very severe pain from my right hip, down my right thigh and front of my right calf into the top on my right foot. I went for physiotherapy four times, there is some improvement, but the pain is still there. I cannot stand longer than 5 minutes or walk longer than 5 metres. No pain tablets help. I seen a dietician for the IBS and thats working well. Now i will be seeing a psychologist today. Is this fibromyalgia? I do wake to use the bathroom and have trouble sleeping again due to the pain. My doc prescribed Librax and Tryptelin. I also have anxiety and using Deporoc, but im busy being reducing it to half a tablet a day. Please help, this pain is awful.

Expert ImageReflexology expert

Dear Adila

You definately been through the mill - i cannot answer your question whether it is or its not Fibromyalgia through an email :-(

As i have mentioned to a few other emails - as reflexologists we believe that when there is a congestion in the body you will have 'symptoms' normally where there is a weakness in the body.
For you it iseems to have shown in the digestive system.
The pains that you are explaining on the hip and side of the leg - we would be looking at your gallbladder meridian and ofcourse your diet.

I can understand that having pain and not relief can be very frustrating.

I can suggest that you have some reflexology treatments - and i am sure that you will start finding relief - as your body gets decongested and bringing it back to balance.

I am not sure what area you are in - but you can find a registered reflexologist on this website;

Wishing you all the best