Posted by: Raine | 2009-06-18

Is it fare to ask for a break?

I' m currently living with my boyfriend. I love him, but feel that I need space. I have freedom and can go out with friends etc without getting hasstles from him. I just feel a bit lost... lost in myself... in who I am and in not knowing exactly what I want and where I' m heading.

He has said before that he believes if someone asks for a break or something like that, then the relationship is over. I don' t want to lose him, but I can' t go on like this either. I have some issues I need to deal with and I feel like I' m not getting anywhere while we are living together. When we moved in together, everything felt right and it felt like the right thing to do. Is it fare of me to now ask for a break?

We will both need to move to a different place, as neither of us can afford where we live now on our own. So we' ll lose a very nice house, which is a lot cheaper also than others like it currently. So we' ll also lose that financial advantage. I really feel lost about what to do. Please help.

Answered the other time this question was posted