Question
Posted by: MO | 2010/12/02

is it enough

I train 4 times p/week, run 15min and cycle 15min each day and then on Wed and Thur I lift weights.Im 33 and weigh 83kg has 2 kids need to go down to 73kg, is my progam enough

Hi MO

Impossible to say. A lot depends on diet, and what you're eating. My initial impression is that you might need to increase your exercise volume a little more - maybe aim for 3 days of that cardio (running and cycling), rather than 2 days, and also look at build that up to 45 minutes to an hour, as you get fitter. You could add one day on a weekend, for example, It needn't even be in the gym - it could be an outdoor walk, an hour long, with family and friends, for example.

If you can do that, then you'll be burning a lot more energy. The weight training is good, 2 days a week. A lot depends on what you do in that session though, and that would be a guess for me to say.

Finally, diet is vital. I would say that the very first thing you do should be to see a dietician, get a good diet started and then work on the training. If you don't eat well, all the training in the world can be wasted.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/12/05

Hi MO

Reply to fitnessdoc