Question
Posted by: Sebe | 2010/08/30

Is it diet-related?

Hi Doc,

I usually get hectic hunger pangs in the morning that make me feel nauseous. Do you have any idea what may be causing this? I suspect that I may have peptic ulcers as I get heartburn quite often as well, but either than these symptoms there aren''t others that match those listed on this site.

Further, I constantly have to draw deep breaths, this usually happens when I haven''t eaten for a while but not necessarily hungry. I''ve recently become adopted a lacto-vegetarian diet, and the shortness of breath symptom has worsened a little but I don''t have other symptoms that make me suspect anemia. I don''t have regular eating times, but because I get hectic hunger pangs, I do eat when I''m hungry. I also get sharp headaches that last a few seconds but are as frequent as 2-3 times a week, and sometimes twice in one day.

Do you know what may be causing this, if it may be related to diet and eating patterns?

Dear Sebe
If you suffer from heartburn quite often and pronounced hunger pangs in the morning when your stomach is empty and feel nauseous, then I would also suspect that you may have gastric ulcers. Please see your medical doctor for a thorough medical examination to check if you do have ulcers because you will require treatment for this condition which can become very serious if not treated correctly. Describe the shortness of breath symptoms when you see the dr because this could also be due to the ulcers and if they are bleeding internally then you could have anaemia. See that dr ASAP. Once you have a diagnosis we can consider what dietary changes or additions you need to make.
Take care

1

Dear Sebe
Take care