Posted by: Misty | 2008-12-01

Is it carpel tunnel

For the last month i i have been getting numbess, tingling and pins and needles with my right hand, it happens alot during the night and also in the day when i do certaint things at work. I sometimes cannot feel my hand and have to give it a good shake. It happens more in my right hand than the left. Sometimes it feels like i dont have any strength in it. I have also noticed now that it is getting worse and has persisted throughout the night to the morning, its really worrying me no and im worried to go to my doctor as he doesnt seem to pay attention and i also cant afford to go the expensive doctors etc as im not on medical aid. Regards

HI Misty
It sounds like carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms. Try using Voltaren jel over the wrist area, physiotherapy may also help. If conservative treatment brings no relief seeing and orthopedic surgeon would be the next step.

Posted by: T | 2008-12-02

I suffer from this, started during 1st pregnancy, and find that bandaging the wrist helps when it is painful. A mild pain tab like Mypaid works to reduce inflammation. Remember at work if you use a mouse or a laptop mousepad this makes the wrist hurt more because of the angle so keep that in mind. Since I have been paying attention to these things I have fewer episodes. I also stay away from acidic drinks or foods that are linked to gout because this also makes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome worse, such as HUnters, Savanna and wine. Hope these tips can help you.

Reply to T