Question
Posted by: Tracy | 2010/09/30

Is it a Panic Attack?

I have had 2 panic attacks in my lifetime, but a very long time ago. Then 3 years ago I have been diagnosed with depression. This year I decided to exercise &  keep fit, which helps uplift the mood.
I go hiking every Saturday but for the last 2 weeks I have been battling with what feels like panic attacks. I will all of a sudden get flushed, my heart pounds as if in my head, I have difficulty breathing, feel nauseous &  eventually throw up. It comes suddenly &  the feeling of not being able to breath is overwhelming. Am I unfit or is it a panic attack?
Tracy

Best to see a good local GP and maybe also a psychiatrist for a proper check-up here - this is most probably not being unfit and could have a number of important physical clauses. Yes, tis could be panic attacks, but also many other things. If you're not coordinating your eating with your exercise, it might be hypoglycemia, for instance

1