Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2008/08/12

Is it a migraine?

Yesterday on my way home I started feeling dizzy and nauseas, I felt like when I get a migraine. I could hardly walk when I got out the car at the crè che, had to go to the loo for a while. When I got home I was shaking I was so cold, my tummy ached, my head felt like a migraine, I felt like I was going to vomit, but never did. The cold was the worst. I got into a bath with JUST hot water, had pins and needles in my feet. Then I saw I had a big blue vein from my knee to my ankle and it was a bit sore.

I shivered all the time, was dizzy couldn’ t do much. Was in bed from 5pm to 1.30pm shaking, electric blanket on 3, plus fan heater. I was soooooo cold. When I got up I though I would die I felt so bad. The headache like a migraine is still here, so is the tummy ache, in the pit of my tummy. My mouth is full of saliva all the time, like when you want to vomit.

I want to cry I feel so bad. Sometimes I feel like a hot flush come over me but it’ s not for long. I cant eat anything as it tastes like cardboard.

The vein in my leg worries me for a week or 2 now I’ ve had this feeling in my calf like im going to get a cramp –  but I never did.

What’ s going on with me? I had no lame arm or palpitations in my heart… 

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear CP MOM,

There are many things that can bring on a headache or migraine, but from the sound of it you need medical attention urgently to determine whether there is some underlying infection or other cause for the problem. Please go and see your doctor as soon as possible!