Question
Posted by: NT | 2012/03/07

is it a heart problem??

Iam 33 years old women HIV positive, for the last 3 years I have been experiencing extremme fatigue, light headness, pain in my heart, sometimes I would feel like my heart is beating very slow. recently I have noticed that it gets worse after drinking coffee. I dont drink red bull and other energy drinks as they just make all the above worse. 2 years back my Doctor advised me to go for an ECG and they found nothing wrong. please advise what I should do

Expert ImageCardiologist

Dear NT,

Your symptoms do not sound like they are due to any heart condition, but occasionally the HI virus may affect the heart. The ECG that you had done was two years ago so my advice would be to ask your family doctor or physician to arrange for another ECG and an echocardiogram to check your heart. If those two tests are completely normal, then you can be perfectly sure your symptoms are not related to your heart.

I hope things go better for you.

Best wishes, JT

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2012/03/19

Dear NT,

I hope things go better for you.

Best wishes, JT

Reply to Cardiologist