Question
Posted by: Wonder | 2010/01/22

Is intimacy over rated

Am I over rating intimacy or is something wrong in my relationship? My bf has not been intimate with me for 4 weeks now - because he is busy studying. By intimacy I am not just talking about sex, he won' t even kiss me. On Monday I had to ask for a hug .... and he gave me one shoulder for 2 seconds. He is doing his MBA and he is studying ALL the time. It' s a lot of work I understand - but I am beginning to feel rejected or unwanted.

Hmm, difficult one to answer objectively. Many people do become quite preoccupied during stressful phases in their their life and especially when approaching a deadline etc. Intimacy means different things to different people, so one can't really say definitively what is going on unless you know what intimacy means for him. Similarly, your concerns are not invalid either; many people would find such a 'drought' difficult. Consider whether it stands out as uncharacteristic in the context of the rest of the relationship, if this is unusual for him, then it is reasonable that you are concerned. However, if he tends to do this but comes round later - then perhaps you just need this reassurance.

4
Posted by: Sexologist | 2010/01/25

Reply to Sexologist
Posted by: XXX | 2010/01/22

This is no excuse for not having some time to love you,physically and touching/kissing etc.We all have stressful periods in our life and whilst it can diminish our libido etc,there should be no reason for him to not want it at all.
I would seriously chat to him about your needs.Intimacy is a large part of a relationship so it needs contunual nurturing.
I would not accept your situation.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Sensitive Guy | 2010/01/22

See what I had to say on Cybershrink

Reply to Sensitive Guy
Posted by: Admi | 2010/01/22

Get urslf some nokie on the side, ull see how quiek ur bf will change his ways.

Reply to Admi