Question
Posted by: Lienkie | 2008/07/15

Is he wasting his time

My boyfriend has been working for a company for 3yrs. The first year he worked as a quality controller. Then they asked him if he would like to become a fitter/turner. He said yes so they send him to college where he did N2. He failed 2 subjects but they said that they will send him back at the beginning of this year to rewrite it and to do a practical in fitting/turning. But nothing came of it. And in 3yrs of working there he pays R2900. Can he go to the department of labour about being made promises and not keeping it? And if so, do you have a number he can call? We are situated near Cape Town/Bellville area

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Here at 100 Kloof Street, Gardens Cape Town he can certainly phone Bagraims Attorneys to speak to me. I believe that it does not have much of a case in that any promises in writing can be enforced