Question
Posted by: in doubt | 2010/01/11

is he cheating

yesterday my husband asked my son (8 years) to get his tablets from his travel suitcase. my son came down with the bag and something else.
I did not see it but i then heard my husband asking my son why did he touch the other stuff.
When I asked what it was my husband said it was his stuff , when I asked that i see it he refused. my son said it was 6 /7 square small packets and it felt soft and had Love written on it , I asked my husband if he had condoms in his bag , he got angry said he was shocked that I even thought that, never the less a screaming match ensued. He the left for about 15 minutes came back about have an hour later I insisted he tell me what he was hiding he took out 5 packets of GU gels some energy different colors one said love enhanced on it teh rest were just energy gels.
I asked why didnt he just show me in the first place he said it was becos , i had already made up my mind and he was insulted that I had reached such a ugly conclusion.

I asked my son if that is what he saw first he said no then he said maybe becos he did not hold it for a long time.

Strange enough my marriage seemed fine , my husband is very loving , attentative and all of that but I still think he is lying am I jumping to conclusions or is he cheating ?

Please help.

You may be jumping to conclusions, but his behaviour was indeed very suspicious, including the delay before showing you what he claimed had been in his bag. "energy gels" are of course quackery and rubbish, and one wonder why he would need them, at home or while travelling.
But the only solution in such situations is calm discussion between you, possibly with the assistance of a marriage counsellor.

5
Posted by: in doubt | 2010/01/12

Actually you are right , and I did feel bad about putting my son in the middle and I admit it is wrong.

Reply to in doubt
Posted by: Sam | 2010/01/12

Shame I dont think you should be putting your child in the middle of this.
Although you might not think you are doing this.
How awfull must he be feeling now and also blaming himself for having come across whatever it was.
What it sounds like is that he went out to buy this as a cover-up of what the real thing actually was, because you said you son first said ' no'  that' s not what he saw. Then said it could be, he does not want to make trouble here.

Let it go but just keep an eye out in the future.

Reply to Sam
Posted by: lucyfire | 2010/01/12

Where there' s smoke there' s fire...

Reply to lucyfire
Posted by: in doubt | 2010/01/11

he is a big fan of play , redbull etc so ebergel is right up his alley his flights are generally very early so he feels they help. even at home after gym etc he would use redbull and play.
I have asked him about it again , and he claims that is what was in his bag and he is not sure why my son cannot recall.

Reply to in doubt