Posted by: Mia | 2009-03-14

Is gender selection fact or fiction.

My friend told me that the " timing"  method is fail proof and always works but can this be true? Is really possible to have a girl if you only have intercourse 2 days before ovulation? What happens if the slow sperm happens to be a boy sperm.
Please can you confirm if this is fact or just an old wives tale. I am desperate to conceive a girl and deep down I know I will be some what sad if I conceive a third boy so I don' t want to get my hopes up on this timing method.

This method is far from foolproof. Remember that you may not fall pregnant at all if you have sex two days before ovultion as the sperm may have all died by then.

Posted by: Maybe Baby? | 2009-03-18

Hi, there
I also have 2 boys and we' d like to " try"  for a girl. I am 39 &  don' t have time on my side, so I am ready to start trying asap. I have read up extensively on the internet and there are various factors which could help swing the odds in your favour - there are even on-line books you can buy that GUARANTEES the sex of your baby. But I don' t want to go that far in cheating nature.

For a girl, I have come to the following conclusion:
I' d say intercourse 36 hours b4 ovulation (use an ovulation kit to be accurate) - male sperm die within 24 hours and female sperms survive for about 36 hours (no more). The woman' s pH must also be as acidic as possible (you can google what to eat to make sure you are acidic and buy test strips from the pharmacy to test your urine)- male sperm die in acid conditions and female sperm are much more resistant to it. Woman should also not reach a climax when having intercourse - this makes the tract more alkaline and that you do not want.
Well, that is what I have so far and I am going to start trying next month. Let me know if you find out any more we can do to help us have a little girl!

Hope this gives you some hope in believing in gender selection.

Reply to Maybe Baby?