Question
Posted by: Border Collie Love | 2009-04-14

Is fish good for dogs?

Hi there,

Just wanted to ask, what kind of fish is best to feed dogs and how much? I started feeding my dogs some tinned pilchars and they love it, pilchards bones are easy to digest.

Is this heathy for them? Or should I consider a different type of fish?

Thanks :)

Dear Border Collie Love

Fish is a good source of protein but what and how many I do not know. Do some research on the internet.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2009-04-14

I am under the impression that fish is not generally recommended for dogs in quantity, as it can provoke skin reactions in dogs prone to that. My dogs also like pilchards, but they only get them rarely, as a treat more than anything else.

Reply to Chill