Question
Posted by: AQUA | 2008/10/16

IS FETUS FAT?

Hi Doc,

I' m not sure if this is a stupid question, but I am pregnant and went for an ultrasound yesterday. They said I am 13 weeks pregnant and that my baby weighs 64grams. All the websites and even health24 says baby should be weighing about 28grams. The information growth guide my doctor gave says that baby will weigh 45grams at week 14.

Does this mean my baby is big or fat or something? I just want to know and is it a normal weight. I drink a lot of milk so I dont know if that has anything to do with it.

Please help so I can feel at ease.

Thanks!

At 13 weeks there is a variation in weights. It is nothing to worry about. You may be a few days further than you think.