Question
Posted by: aswasi | 2008/08/21

Is ectopic pregnancy causing my backpain

I am 25yrs old, in 2002 I had an ectopic pregnancy. I consulted with a gynae and was removed. I have since been experiencing pain on my lower back. The pain is confined to the lower back only. It is worse with activity or if I have been sitting or walking for a long time and during my periods. During penetrative sex I feel the pain on my lower back and the abdominal area, especially on the lefthand side where the ectopic was. A gynae gave me antibiotics recently but the pain is not going away. What is causing the pain.

You would need a full examination to determine the cause of the pain, but it is unlikely to be due to the removal of the ectopic pregnancy.