Question
Posted by: alicia | 2012/02/04

Is diprosone bad for the skin

Hi, I have been using a diprosone &  UNG emulsifier for exzema.
I have been using it for over two years now atleast twice a week. If I dont use it, I get exzema. I ususlly only get it on my face. I want to know is the pro- longed use of the cream harmful to my skin and will it have any side effect in the future  ei: thining of skin?
Thanks,
Alicia

Alicia

Yes, continuous use of a corticosteroid cream on your face, will cause thinning of the skin. The diprosone is diluted and is therefore, safe to use for a prolonged period of time to control your eczema.