Question
Posted by: Pally | 2010/02/16

is depo a recommended option when one is taking a break from IVF

I have stage 4 endometriosis and one ovary functioning. My FS did a laparoscopy last year May because i developed a huge cyst during the IVF process. We then tried two IVF after laparoscopy which both failed. we then decided to take a break before we can go for another IVF as we are trying to raise money.

In the process i am trying to loose weight as per the recommendation of the FS. He has prescribed depo-provera. Are there any alternative contraceptives that one can use other than a depo.

Dear Pally

I certainly would not recommend Depo Provera at this stage as return to fertility and ovulation and also the impact on the endometrium is unpredictable and maybe unduly prolonged. As an alternate you could consider using Zoledex, which is a very efficient means of controlling endometriosis.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Pally | 2010/02/22

I read that Zoledex has several side effects, it it true? if so what can i do to prevent the effects or minimize.

Reply to Pally
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/02/19

Dear Pally

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert